Our Life. So Far...

So basically....our life is about to get completley turned upside down. An adventure of EPIC proprtions. So buckle up and get ready for a bumpy, though hopefully not too bumpy, ride. Stay tuned as we move through the rigorous, technical process that is international adoption, travel to and from Russia, and ultimately come home with our son.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dossier. Pronounced Doh-see-ay.

Ahhh!! Finally I'm blogging! I'm the worst blogger in the history of bloggers. Mostly I'm lazy. But also, not a whole lot has gone down adoption wise for a while. I believe I jumped the gun on my last post stating so exuburantly that we had finished our homestudy. Well....turns out I was off a bit. And by a bit I mean about a month. So, along with being lazy, I felt slightly embarassed to have made such a big proclamation. Oh well, alls well that ends well. I can now say with 100% certainty that OUR HOME STUDY IS COMPLETE!! Not only that, but our registration for Russia is also complete. Check me out!! And to think I called myself lazy.

So the next step is a little thing called our Dossier. It's actually not little at all. In fact, it's a bit daunting to think about. The good news is that the dossier is the last phase of this never ending, stress inducing, black hole that is the adoption process. The bad news is I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm doing or exactly how to approach this. I have to get so many documents notarized and apostilled (which, by the way, I have no idea what that is) that I don't know where to begin. It'll happen one way or another. Of that I'm sure. Knowing that this is the last step before the fun stuff begins, motivates me to figure it out and get a move on! Not to mention the sooner we finish this the sooner we get our child. And the sooner I get my child the sooner I get to take said child to Disneyland. If there was ever a reason to have children, that's it right there. So here's to dossiers and Disneyland.

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya!!! Dossier's and paperwork suck. Summer did the bulk of it thank goodness, but man was it still a headache. Good luck to you guys. We'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! It has to be some of the most exciting paperwork out there--perhaps the pinnacle of paperwork. If you need some other little incentives along the way as you complete little tasks, I can come up with a few...a trip to Beecher's, for instance. Homemade nearly-right Dole whips. The big incentives can't be beat though. What a lucky kid he will be, in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete