Our Life. So Far...

So basically....our life is about to get completley turned upside down. An adventure of EPIC proprtions. So buckle up and get ready for a bumpy, though hopefully not too bumpy, ride. Stay tuned as we move through the rigorous, technical process that is international adoption, travel to and from Russia, and ultimately come home with our son.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hurry up and wait.

I'm gonna go ahead and save you a few seconds this time around and skip the part in the post where I go on and on about my lack of blogging consistency and just get right to the good stuff. We are so close to finishing ALL of our adoption paperwork. Actually, if I'm being honest, I am completely finished with everything on my end. I'm just waiting for a few things to come in the mail. As soon as said items arrive and we get all 10 thousand papers notarized and apostilled, we're ready to mail in our dossier! This is big time. This is everything. I can officially start to breath again and even maybe sleep a little without this weight pressing down on me.  Now we get to launch into the next phase of this process which is pretty much just a whole lot of waiting. I feel like I've rushed around like a chicken with my head cut off all so  I we can get to this point where we sit around and wait. But i'll take it!!! Because what comes next is gonna to get all sorts of crazy. Traveling across the globe, meeting the little guy that will become ours and well, the craziest part of all, becoming parents. Which I hear is a total trip. I have a feeling that one day I'm going to look back on this and shake my head with wonder as to how I managed to stay completely sane. I guess I can't take all the credit for that. I've been able to fill my non paperwork filling out,  non letter writing, and non fingerprint taking time with my favorite people doing my favorite things. I'm not much one for scrapbooking so I've thrown together a few little "movies" to sum up my good times.

Anyone who knows me knows I cannot turn down an invitation to Disneyland and this spring was no exception. This was one of those trips that just oozed with perfection from beginning to end. It's like the stars aligned and all was right with the world. The Marshall's, Winder's and Valentine's (yes! even Connor!) finally reunited in the most magical of all places to get our party on.  And party we did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPA57MkzIQ


I also had the sad task of saying goodbye to one of my favorite people ever, Sharon Hubbell. She so selfishly decided that her husband's career and family stability was more important than hanging out with me so she up and left to Southern California. The bonus was that me, Jana, Sharon, Leche the cat and Amelia Hubbell the newborn baby got to set out on a very epic road trip extravaganza that spanned from Seattle to Aliso Viejo, California. It was one for the books and I'll never forget it. Sharon, you will be missed.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Nr3A9c-Tk


I'm so very blessed to have my family, friends and a fat orange cat who just totally rock. I don't know how I'd do it without you guys. For real.

2 comments:

  1. Man, you are a up there with the Coen brothers :) I love all your movies. Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? I have a lot of free time now that you're gone.

    ReplyDelete